Serve with 1 cup potato wedges and 1 cup steamed veggies.
3 lbs (1.36 kg) whole chicken
1⁄2 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
3 tbsp water
2 tsp lime juice
Toppings (optional): lime wedges
- Place chicken in Round or Multipurpose Steamer, breast side down. Sprinkle 1 tbsp mix and rub over meat. Turn chicken over, breast side up, and rub 1 tbsp mix all over to evenly coat.
- Cover; microwave on high for 20 min. Or loosely cover with foil; roast in preheated 400° F oven for about 65–70 min. Remove foil for last 15 min of cooking to brown skin.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, water, 1–2 tbsp mix, and lime juice.
- To test chicken for doneness, insert an instant read thermometer into thickest part of the meat (all the way to the middle, not touching any bone). It should register at 180° F.
- Serve with green sauce for dipping or drizzling over carved bird.